Director of Marketing & Communications
All Suncoast Locations
SUPERVISED BY CEO
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Marketing & Communications is a part-time, non-exempt position consisting of ten (10) to fifteen (15) hours per week. This position will be expanded in its number of hours per week as the opportunity presents. The position’s main focus is to plan and implement activities that promote Suncoast Mental Health Center to the community. These activities include, but are not limited to: presentations, education, community relations, development, marketing, awareness and fundraising, website and social media content.
The Director of Marketing & Communications performance evaluation will be directly related to how he/she performs the areas of responsibility outlined below.
SPECIFIC AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Media: contacting media to promote the organization and its Mission. Press releases, photos, social media, constant contact, website oversite, quarterly newsletter, and other various media
- Development: identify key constituents in the four-county area that should be cultivated towards positive relationships that result in donations to the organization.
- Events: these may include educational, awareness-raising, and fundraising with both the outside community, and within Suncoast.
- Resource Development Committee (RDC): serve as its Chair and coordinate activities to promote Suncoast. Attend Board of Directors Meetings to report on the RDC progress.
- Work with management to provide leadership for outreach activities for SMHC.
- Coordinate staff and volunteer efforts for health and resource fair booths.
- Contact local retail/business establishments for In-Kind donations.
- Attend community meetings on behalf of Suncoast.
RELATED AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Director of Marketing & Communications will be expected to be able to do the following:
- Represent Suncoast Mental Health Center in a professional manner that reflects positively on the organization.
- Function as a team player, both within the specific program and as a member of Suncoast Mental Health Center, Inc.
- Serve as a positive role model for clients/families, and staff, in attitude, attire, professionalism, and responsible behavior.
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Education Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree in a health and human services field, education, or public relations preferred
- Experience Minimum 3 years of development, community relations, marketing, education, or sales.
- Special Superior verbal and writing skills are required. Proficiency working with Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and other software as needed.