We are currently looking for an Accounts Receivable Associate to add to the team. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, is customer service oriented and provides support for both the Accounting and Billing departments. This person should fully understand how Accounts Receivable affects the entire company and strive for excellent receivables management. If you are ambitious, self-motivated, organized, and passionate about your profession, we want to hear from you!
· This position is full-time at 40 hours per week.
· Insurance billing experience strongly preferred
· Assist in the monthly insurance eligibility process which requires working an occasional Saturday or Sunday
· Benefits include medical, dental, vision, incidental policies, paid time off, holidays and retirement
Primary Purpose: To ensure that all payments received are timely and correctly posted to the client accounts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Process and apply (post) payments to the client accounts per insurance remittance, and other forms of payment to include credit cards. Payments are to be processed accurately and timely
- Research discrepancies and resolve clients’ outstanding balance issues; respond to all A/R inquiries in a prompt and timely manner
- Maintain accurate client account balances
- Contact clients and payers regarding outstanding balances and follow up when required (must be comfortable on the phone)
- Prepare and send statements when requested by clients
- Reconcile credit card payments daily
- Reconcile the Accounts Aging Report to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Will cross train to back-up billing staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Team player attitude with the ability to work independently
- Highly productive
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
All interested applicants should submit resumes to Suncoast Mental Health Center, Inc. via email click here or fax to 772-466-5578.