Job Description: Accounts Receivable Specialist
A full-time hourly position to work closely with other staff in the billing department.
- Demonstrates an ability to download all claims from the clearinghouse and ensure that all claims are posted to the Electronic Medical Records system; verifying the date the remittance was received in the Agency’s bank account.
- Demonstrates an ability to provide the Accounts/Payroll Assistant with the remittance data (including the correct date) for posting to Peachtree.
- Demonstrates an ability to monitor and action outstanding claims on the Account Receivables Aging report, as assigned, with a view of receiving payment
- Demonstrates an ability to recommend items for write off and write off the approved items.
- Demonstrates an ability to ensure that all adjustments/disallowances, interest incomes etc. from Funders are recorded each time a remittance is downloaded or Explanation of Benefits (EOB) is received.
- Demonstrates an ability to reconcile Monthly Aged Receivables General Ledger Report (Peachtree) against the Accounts Receivables Aging Report in Lauris.
- Demonstrates an ability to respond to funders’ letters, denials and rejections.
- Demonstrates an ability to become knowledgeable of Lauris Electronic Medical Records system, International Classification of Diseases (ICD) codes and procedures codes.
- Demonstrates an ability to be proficient in accounts receivable (collection).
- Demonstrates an ability to be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Demonstrates an ability to work closely with the Billing Specialist and serve as back up.
- Demonstrates an ability to perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
Lauris Electronic Medical Records
Education & Experience: High school diploma with preference given to those individuals with a college degree of the equivalent of two years of direct experience in medical billing.
- Company sponsored medical
- Access to dental, vision and other incidental policies
- Paid life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays (8)