- Full-time—Salary Licensed Preferred
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
Imagine the difference you can make. We are looking to add to our growing team of professionals to serve residents living on the Treasure Coast.
Our team at Suncoast Mental Health Center, Inc. (SMHC) provides comprehensive therapeutic services. We are a client centered, family focused and community based organization that provide services in the schools, homes, and Suncoast offices.
We have an opening for a full-time Program Manager in St. Lucie County. This is a supervisory and salaried position with billing requirements.
- Company sponsored medical
- Access to dental, vision and other incidental policies
- Paid life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays (8)
- Flexible work hours
- Free supervision toward licensure for LMHC and LCSW
- Other company incentives
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Manager supervises the clinical staff and program operations for the continued care and treatment of the Agency’s clients with mental health issues in his/her respective county. This is in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, professional ethics, and Suncoast policy and procedure, and contract requirements. The Program Manager is expected to be proficient and knowledgeable in the following clinical areas: screening, intake, orientations, assessment, treatment planning, counseling, case management, report and record keeping, discharge planning, and consultation with other professionals in regard to client/treatment services. The Program Manager acts as the administrative and operations leader for the site. In addition to the above stated areas, the Program Manager must possess management and administrative skills used to determine and meet the goals of the agency.
The Program Manager’s performance evaluation will be directly related to how he/she performs the areas of responsibility outlined below. This is a salary position with an expectation of administrative hours and billable hours.
SPECIFIC AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Ability to conduct individual and/or group supervision of county therapists on monthly basis. Conduct all employee evaluations as needed.
2. Ability to work closely with the Administrator of Case Management and Lead Case Manager ensuring therapist and case manager’s work well together and referrals are made to the case management department.
3. Ability to ensure all Quality Assurances of all therapy billing and tracking making sure clients are seen according to the treatment plan and charts are in compliance.
4. Ability to assign cases to therapists.
5. Ability to participate in interviews along with Clinical Director and conduct all needed training including orientation, Electronic Medical Records training as well ongoing training.
6. Ability to conduct monthly staff meetings.
7. Ability to responsible for maintaining working relationships with schools, other community organizations, and referral sources. This will include attending meetings with the School Board as well as collaborative meetings.
8. Ability to attend and participate in management meetings.
9. Ability to be responsible for increasing referrals and billing in their county.
10. Ability to participate in fundraising efforts of the agency.
11. Ability to be responsible for ensuring that all charts are reviewed for Quality Assurance and closed in a timely manner as well as ensure required documents are obtained before assigning clients to a therapist. Additionally, review open client charts in their county for Quality Assurance as well conduct peer reviews.
12. Ability to be responsible in overseeing outcome measures and collaborations of grants. The therapy outcomes must clearly state the positive impact of services received within their county.
13. Ability to be responsible to ensure all services under their control are performed to the highest standards in accordance with Florida law and the Suncoast Mental Health Center, Inc.’s policies and procedures. Failure or violation of such will be reported immediately.
RELATED AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
As well as being expected to carry out the following responsibilities, the Program Manager will be expected to train their staff how to:
1. Report any client/family abuse, in compliance with Florida Statute, immediately to their supervisor and to 1-800-96-ABUSE.
2. Adhere to the ethical requirements of the profession as outlined by his/her certification, license, and by the agency.
3. Assure compliance in determining client eligibility.
4. Function as a team player, both within the specific program and as a member of Suncoast Mental Health Center, Inc.
5. Serve as a positive role model for clients/families in attitude, attire, professionalism, and responsible behavior.
6. Participate and be prepared for administrative and clinical staff meetings.
7. Perform other duties assigned as per supervisor.
The Program Manager will be expected to:
1. Participate in the planning and development of policies and standards related to the treatment of mental health, by attending intra-agency meetings, collecting data, and performing needs assessments.
2. Participate in the quality improvement process.
3. Provide continuous feedback (both verbally and through the agency’s written performance evaluation process) to supervise employees on their job performance and how they may improve.
4. Bring any personnel issues directly to the attention of Human Resources and the Clinical Director for discussion and resolution.
5. Ensure that staff receives proper training both on the job and through structured training classes.
6. Supervise therapists in all aspects of program operations.
1. Education Master’s degree in Behavioral Science or related field. It is preferred that the Program Manager be licensed (LMHC, LMFT, or LCSW) by the State of Florida. If the Program Manager holds a Master’s Degree, then the Program Manager may be a registered intern in the State of Florida and pursuing licensure.
2. Experience One (1) year experience in a clinical atmosphere, preferably in mental health.
3. Special Some local travel maybe required. Some computer skills are required, including proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel. Schedules are subject to change, depending on client needs.